What do you need to breed Bettas:
- A small net
- Breeding tank
- Healthy pair of male and female Bettas
What are the stages? Watch this excellent video to see this in action:
- Let the male into the tank and let him build the bubble nest.
- Introduce the female - watch for the right signs: flaring at each other.
- Watch to see if mating follows: embracing of female by male
- Watch the male picking up the eggs squeezed out of the female.
- See him spit the eggs into the bubble nest.
- Remove female to another tank.
- Watch the male tend to the eggs until they hatch.
- Remove male after fry is hatched.