What You Should Know Before You Get a Betta Fish Pet
WHAT NOT TO DO when you decide to keep a Betta Pet is just as important as knowing WHAT TO DO. The above video shows some aspects of care - water condition, tank shape and size, amount of water, etc. - to consider. While it may look pretty sticking a Betta in a vase or glass flower-pot, it is not conducive to Betta's health and is in fact sheer torture for these delicate creatures.Tackle their care from their point of view rather than regard your beta as a piece of decor for your office or home.
Some Points to Consider:
- tank size - has to be large enough for betta to swim freely in it
- avoid over-crowding with plants, artefacts, other fish, etc.
- water condition - keep it clean and aerated
- use the right plants to help keep the water clean
- remove old food - don't over feed, etc. - don't poison the water
- keep the tank at a constant temperature that is warm enough for Betta
- position tank to get natural light but without being baked in the sun